Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Always be prepared



By Sam Marie


This is mostly for the Dominants, but submissives should help as well. When you plan your playtime and set up your toys and implements before a play session, remember that you have more things to prepare. An aftercare basket should be nearby, and a first aid kit should be readily accessible.

After-care is essential after playtime.

After receiving such a rush of adrenaline and other chemicals rushing through you body, you need to be able to have the time and space to come down. The Dominant should be careful so he/she does not hit Dom/me-space, because they need to be in control all the time. But the submissive could have been in sub-space, or even hovering close to it. Dominant and submissive should know each other well by now, and have communicated all needs. So what should be in an aftercare basket? It depends on the specific needs. I usually will keep some cool, (not iced) water, a chocolate bar, (I like Lyndt dark; it is very pure) a light blanket, a towel and baby wipes. Water is great to have nearby. I suggest bottled water, so you don’t spill it like I do. It is easy to do, especially when working with floggers in a semi dark room).

Now as for the first aid kit.

You could have a regular one at hand. Remember to take in account and communicate any and all medical conditions. I am not a doctor, but I will tell you that when having intense play time, your blood sugar can drop suddenly. I had that happen once, and I it caught me by surprise. I was able to grab the chocolate I had in the basket. After that, I kept glucose tablets nearby. So think about what kind of supplies might be a good idea to keep nearby.



I suggest you keep emergency scissors, in case you need to cut through clothes or rope in a hurry. The Dominant should make sure that in case of an emergency; he/she can free the submissive immediately and help him/her escape to safety. Some places are prone to earthquakes, others to tornadoes; make sure you keep that in mind.

As a submissive, if your Dominant cannot take the time to provide aftercare for you, then he/she doesn’t need to be having playtime with you. You need someone that cares enough to tend to you afterwards.

After-care does not end there. If you do not live together, or if the Dominant has to be at work the next day, he/she needs to check on the sub by phone, text, or other type of message. Just knowing that they care helps. If the sub experiences drop after playtime, there are some things that can help. Here is a link to a document I wrote on drop. I didn’t specify if it is sub drop, or Dom drop. It’s drop either way. http://misssamsoffice.blogspot.com/2015/01/drop.html

Remember as with any BDSM activity, to keep it SSC (Safe, Sane and Consensual)

Once you get all the basics covered and safety becomes habit, then you can focus more on the breathtaking experience.

What would you put in your after-care basket?

~Sam


No comments:

Post a Comment